As we look forward to 2021 in the coming weeks, it’s a great practice to review all areas of your financial plan. This provides the opportunity to incorporate any changes that have happened during the last year or fine-tune goals for the next twelve months. The questions for each topic below are meant to incite discussions about finance. We would be happy to have more detailed conversations should any of these topics/questions apply to you.
- Have you set goals for 2021?
- Have you looked at your entire balance to review how everything works together?
- What is your goal for investments?
- Do you have an investment strategy in place?
- Did you retire this year, or are you planning a retirement in the next five years?
- Do you have questions about required minimum distributions?
- Have you thought about cash flow in retirement?
Income Tax Planning
- Did your income significantly change this year or will it change next year?
- Do you plan on making charitable contributions?
- Have you had a CPA run projections for income tax?
- Given the COVID-19 pandemic – has anything changed in regards to your estate?
- Are your documents (Will, POA, etc.) up to date?
- Do your beneficiaries need to be revised?
- Do you have enough life insurance? Do you have too much?
- When was the last time you’ve had an insurance review?
- Do you have a succession plan?
- Are you looking to exit?
Please let us know if we can help with 2021 planning in any of the above sections.
Matt and Andrew