• Formulate goals based on understanding your history, values and impending life transitions.
• Develop a holistic balance sheet including all areas of your life (not just your brokerage account).
• The plan includes investment, retirement, risk management, education, income tax, estate, and business strategies.
• Cash Flow models demonstrate potential paths to and through retirement.
• Review of your goals, expectations and risk tolerance to create a custom portfolio based on our Core/Satellite approach.
• Unlike some firms, our investment recommendations will take into consideration your total balance sheet, including real estate, business interests, private equity investments and qualified plan accounts (401k plans, etc.).
• How much will be enough to retire? Our cash flow model will give insight into income, growth and distributions in retirement.
• Social security estimates and strategies on when to begin taking these distributions.
• Analyze health care costs during retirement.
• We analyze what you should need and work with a trusted specialist to provide solutions to our clients.
• Developing strategies for life, disability and long-term care insurance are an important piece to the financial plan.
Income Tax Planning
• Utilizing our experience working for CPA firms – we review and work with tax professionals to develop effective tax strategies.
• Determine opportunities for tax-loss harvesting and plans for capital gains distributions.
• Discuss legacy planning for clients; includes creating a will, charitable giving and creation of trusts.
• We partner with clients and attorneys to ensure goals for estate planning are in place.
• Review succession planning and exit strategies for our business-owner clients. We are happy to consult on a high level basis and lead efforts to plan for such events.